OIL AND FILTER REPLACEMENT
How do I know if my car or truck engine oil needs to be changed?
Here are some key things to look for to determine if it’s been too long since your last oil change:
- Excess Vehicle Exhaust – newer cars and trucks generally do not release visible exhaust from their tailpipes, so if you see what looks like smoke trailing behind your vehicle, the change can indicate a serious issue. In many cases, it shows that your oil is too old to function properly.
- Falling Oil Level – If your oil level seems to fall constantly, so that you’re topping it off pretty often, your oil system has likely developed a problem other than just dirty oil, and possibly need additional repairs on top of an oil change.
- Increased Noise Coming from your Engine – fresher oil causes your engine to run When the oil becomes thin, old, or poorly textured, you might hear the additional issue every time you start-up your car or truck and drive.
- ‘Gritty’ Oil Texture – If your engine oil picks up small particles of grime, it will make the liquid gritty, and needs to be changed.
- Persistent Check Engine Light – If your “check engine” light on your dash comes on frequently, a number of mechanical reasons may be the issue, but in many cases an oil change will solve the problem.
- Shaking While Idling – Rough idling or shaking after you start your car or truck could indicate dirty oil as well because it means the oil is not coating the engine parts properly and causing excessive friction while your vehicle is running. Specifically, when your car is idling, you may feel abnormal vibrations or shaking motions. Avoid idling as much as possible until you can have your oil changed.
Our technicians will perform oil change services for your car or truck while you wait. Our goal as an auto service center is to make sure that all of our customers’ vehicles are operating safely for as long as possible. This is why we provide many types of FREE inspections.
Something Wrong With How Your Vehicle Drives?
You deserve to receive affordable and reliable used tires, brake replacement, wheel alignment, or suspension repair services from your local tire shop, S&S Tire and Auto Services. We serve the local Beaverton, Hillsboro, and Aloha community by providing high-quality used tires and related car and truck repair services.
Our Customer Says
We take pride in offering the best customer experience.We strive to provide our customers with the best experience possible each visit.
Don’t forget to rate your service and tell us how we did. By sharing your thoughts, you will help us grow.